Professional Qualification— MBBS (KGMU, Lucknow), MS Orthopedics (PGIMER, Chandigarh), DNB Orthopedics
- Founder Secretary, Samvedna “Charitable trust for children with special need”, Prayagraj (Allahabad), UP- 211001
- Founder President, Trishla Foundation “Charitable trust for children with locomotor disability” 182c/.350a, Tagore town, Prayagraj (Allahabad), UP-211002 Website- www.trishlafoundation.com, Fb & YouTube channel: Trishla foundation: cerebral palsy
- Member, General Council, Dr. Shakuntala Mishra National University of Rehabilitation, Lucknow, UP
- Member, Advisory Board, Chief Commissioner for a person with disabilities, Govt. of India, New Delhi
- Member of the expert committee, the inclusion of Rehabilitation of packages for Pediatrics patient under Orthopedic and neurology Arogyashree Health care trust, Hyderabad, Govt of Telangana, India
- Member of the Expert Committee of RCI for development of training program in the field of cerebral palsy, Autism & multiple disabilities, rehabilitation council of India, New Delhi
- Member of state disability research committee, Govt of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow since 17/07/2018
- Consultant pediatric orthopedic surgeon and cerebral palsy expert, Trishla orthopedic clinic, Tagore Town, Allahabad, UP
- MBBS from King George medical college, Lucknow in 1996, MS Orthopedics from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 1999, & DNB orthopedics from National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 2000 in single attempts.
- Articles on cerebral palsy and childhood physical disability in more than 50 Newspapers, health magazines & Academic books.
- Guest Lecture & Paper presentation in 72 State, National & International conferences & academic meetings.
- Radio talks on more than 40 topics of Neuro-musculoskeletal disability from Akashvani, Allahabad in the last 13 years.
- Fifteen publications of research articles in reputed specialty journals.
- Organized 14 CME cum Workshop and 8 National Seminars & 1 National Conference on different aspects of pediatric disability in many parts of India. Thousands of Parents, specialists, and rehab personnel have been trained by this academic activity.
- Supervised and produced a documentary film on cerebral palsy: beyond the horizon
Youtube link to Documentary Film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RySg0o4xdE
Award & honors:
- Dr. Bhagwan Das Memorial Award for the best research paper published in JBJD 2001
- Special honor from Jain Milan Prayag for social contribution for the year 2009-10
- Samvedna Trust under his leadership got a Special award for the social contribution by Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad in the year 2011.
- Samvedna under the leadership of Dr. J K Jain got selected as one of top five NGO (certificate of merit) in the field of neural & mental health selected for the award by Americare India foundation ‘Spirit of Humanity Awards’ 2012
- Samvedna trust under his leadership got Best institution State award in the field of disability by Govt of Uttar Pradesh on 3rd Dec 2012
- i-next newspaper, Allahabad gave the name of Dr. Jitendra Kumar Jain as one the seven great personalities of Allahabad on 27th Dec 2014
- State award in the category of the distinguished person working for a person with a disability from Govt. of Uttar Pradesh on 3rd Dec 2014
- Prayag Gourav “Indra Dhanush Samman” for social contribution during Prayag Mahotsav in the year 2011, 2015, 2016
- Special award for distinguished service in disability in Hindustan Gonda Mahotsava on 19th May 2015
- Special award by Bharat Vikash Parishad, Manglam Shakha, Prayag, Allahabad on 3rd August 2015, May 2018
- Award for outstanding & distinguished service to the society by Hon’ble Vice-chancellor, the University of Allahabad on 26th Jan 2016
- Felicitation by Pahal “ek nai suruwat” on 26th April at nirala art gallery, University of Allahabad, UP
- Parvavaran Bhushan 2018 award by Professional Engineer Welfare society, Allahabad on 15th April 2018
- Felicitation by Electronic Media Club Allahabad on the occasion of day of journalism on 30th May 2018
Social Activities: all the social activities are being done through Samvedna trust & Trishla foundation. All his social activity is being done without any government or corporate funding.
- 13 years experience in the rehabilitation of childhood physical disability especially Cerebral Palsy, congenital limb deficiency, limb Deformity & multiple disabilities. He has successfully managed more than 20000 children with various kinds of disabilities.
- Supervising therapeutic program: Rehab program at Samvedna Trust & Trishla foundation is being done under the close supervision of Dr. Jitendra Kr Jain. It leads to the excellent outcomes of rehabilitation in more than 6000 children with cerebral palsy.
- Trishla Medical card – Trishla medical card is being issued to an individual with chronic Neuro-musculoskeletal disabilities from a poor socio-economic background since 2014. They get all needed medical care free of charge/ at a very nominal contribution for a whole life.
- Trishla CP home – Temporary shelter home has been arranged for a family of children with cerebral palsy coming from far places managed under the Trishla foundation till October 2018.
- Rehab Center: Many Rehab Centers at Allahabad are being run under direct supervision of Dr. Jitendra Kr Jain. These centers provide different kinds of rehab facilities to children affected with multiple disabilities especially cerebral palsy. These children are coming from many states of India & abroad. Our centers at Allahabad are Samvedna rehab center, Trishla activity center, Trishla early intervention center, Trishla speech center, Trishla special education center, Trishla rehab center, Trishla advance rehab center
- Associate Rehabilitation center working – Many sub-centers are working at other places in India under the supervision of Dr. J K Jain. These centers are working at Bareilly, Katni, Mirzapur, Ghaziabad, Jorhat Assam, Agra, Basti, Bhadohi, Jaipur & Varanasi. He provides all kind of technology helps these center and rehab personnel working for children with disability.
- Niramaya Health Scheme: Children with cerebral palsy & multiple disabilities are being registered under the Niramaya health scheme under his guidance.
- CP Day celebration– Celebration of National Cerebral Palsy day since 2012.
- Cultural & sports activity: Holi Milan, Sports activity, Musical program, and celebration of the festival is organized for social integration of people with disabilities at regular intervals.
- Coordinator for First National Wheel Chair Cricket Tournament at Allahabad on 27th & 28th June 2016
- Free check-up camps- 152 free checkup camps for children with multiple disabilities & cerebral palsy have been organized in 14 States. Nearly 15000 families were benefitted by these camps. Public awareness material is also being published in public & print media during this camp.
- Workshop on MX in CP. Nat. conf. on physiotherapy at Jodhpur on 14th Jan 2012.
- Workshop on advanced treatment modality in cerebral palsy- college of applied education & health sciences, Gangotri, Roorkee, Meerut on 9th Sept 2012.
Free check-up camps- Conducted more than 70 free check-up camps for children with cerebral palsy in various part of India including, Gonda, Balrampur, Faizabad(2), Pratapgarh (3), Jounpur (3), Mirzapur (3), Varanasi (2), Basti, Gorakhpur (4), Lucknow(3), Sitapur, Lakhimpur(2), Fatehpur, Kanpur (5), Rewa, Firozabad, Aligarh(2), New Delhi (5), Allahabad(10), Deoria(2), Raipur, Bilaspur, Agra (5), Meerut, Delhi (6), Rajkot, Rajgarh, Khandwa, Muzaffarpur (Bihar) , Buxar, Saharanpur, Ranchi(2), Ramgarh, Katni (2), Kota, Bhopal(2), Ahmadabad (Gujrat), Sultanpur, Sagar, Bareli(2) , Khatima, Indore, Jhumeritailiya, Dhanbad, Bhadohi, Gurgaon, etc
Conferences Attended:- Attended more than 100 states, national, international conferences & meetings
Special interest:-Pediatric orthopedic especially cerebral palsy & deformity corrective surgery.
- Experience of more than 15 year in the field of cerebral palsy & treated more than 6000 children suffering from cerebral palsy successfully. He Has used all available modality of treatment in CP including botulinum toxin, repeated plaster application, routine orthopedic surgery, and single event multilevel Orthopedic surgery (SEMLOSSS) by OSSCS concept. OSSCS has changed the whole scenario in overall management of cerebral palsy. This technique is based on the concept of multiarticular spastic and antigravity mono-articular muscle. With the selective release of multiarticular muscle and preservation of monoarticular muscle, spasticity can be decreased up to a great extent without causing any weakness. He Has started this technique first time in north India and in the last 8 year we have succeeded in getting excellent results in more than 800 cases of cerebral palsy, which did not responded by all other modality. Child, who was not able to walk, started walking with in 3-4 month of therapy after surgery. We are getting excellent response in spastic cerebral palsy. Now He is including bony alignment surgery only in elder children with bony deformity, torsion and tendon transfer in children with problem in hands . along with this inclusion he also modified some basic concept . with this modification and inclusion we are getting excellent results even in older children i given name to this whole concept as SEMLOSSS. He is also running a trust Samvedna a fully charitable trust for children with physical disability”. This trust is working since 9 year and provides all kind of latest management in cerebral palsy and also provides training (NDT and SI) to young therapist. We are also actively involved in research work on latest technique in management of cerebral palsy. 25 therapists are working in the trust and in last 9 year we were able to treat 1800 children suffering with cerebral palsy with excellent response in most of the children. Motto of our trust is to spread awareness regarding latest technique in Mx of childhood physical disability specially cerebral palsy.